There is a lot happening in the world right now. So, we want to show you the additional precautions we have put in place to help protect your health and safety. That way, you can take your test safely and get on with pursuing your goals. IELTS will help you as we navigate the restrictions and frequent changes in place due to Covid-19.
IELTS follows the advice of the World Health Organisation and relevant local governments. This helps create a healthy test day environment. Here is a summary of some of the additional precautions we have introduced for you and your fellow test takers:
- Ask you to sign a health declaration
- Test takers and staff may wear a mask (in some locations you must wear a mask by law)
- Hand sanitisers readily available
- Test room disinfection & deep cleaning
- Additional spacing for test takers and reduced group sizes
- Partitions in computer-delivered IELTS test rooms
For the health and safety of all test takers, we ask you to complete a self-declaration form confirming your health conditions on arrival. We also advise you to please stay at home:
- If you have been in contact with a person suspected to have been exposed to Covid-19
- Or if you are unwell, have a cough or fever, or are showing signs of being short of breath
- If you are currently under mandatory self-isolation
Wearing a mask
Test takers, centre staff and examiners will wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose during the test. That’s a precautionary health measure. You’re welcome to bring your own mask. However, we can request you to uncover your face temporarily for some security checks. Also, in some locations, you need to wear a face covering inside by law. As a result, you need to have your mask on during your IELTS test. Test centre staff and examiners will also be wearing a face mask covering their mouth and nose during the test. But, don’t worry: wearing a mask does not affect your Speaking score with IELTS.
Hand sanitiser readily available
As we know, handwashing is key to preventing the virus spread. We invite you to wash your hand on arrival at the centre. And throughout the day as needed. Naturally, we’ll provide anti-bacterial hand sanitisers at the test centres. You can help create a safe testing environment by using the hand sanitiser and washing your hands regularly.
Test room disinfection and deep cleaning
We disinfect all test-related equipment (such as desks, chairs, HB pencils, erasers, headphones, monitors, keyboards, mice…) after every test.
Additional spacing for test takers
IELTS follows self-isolation guidance instructed by the relevant authorities. As a result, we provide wider personal space for each test taker. This includes partitions in computer-delivered IELTS test rooms.
Reduced test session sizes
We’ll accept fewer number of people in a room. So, this ensures an increased and safe space between each other as you take the test.
Partitions in computer-delivered IELTS test rooms
We equip our computer rooms with partitions. As a result, there is a good barrier between test takers.
Is your test has been suspended? We have a few tools to help you use the time to improve your score.
- Set up a study plan
- Take a free IELTS practice test
- Get familiar with the computer format by practising with our free support tool
- Take a virtual tour of our computer-delivered IELTS centres
There are also a few other things you can do to position yourself to get your best score.
You can take an online practise test and get indicative band scores plus feedback from an official IELTS marker. Also, you can join the conversation on Facebook with daily tips on preparation. For visual learners, visit the official IELTS Writing video tutorials to help boost your Writing score.
Other fun ways to practice English at home:
- Sing along to English songs
- Watch films or television in English
- Listen to podcasts or the radio
Unable to leave the house? Here is some support
If you are at home and under self-quarantine, then you can make use of the free preparation support available:
- Masterclass webinar
- Official IELTS support tool videos
- Stay connected on Facebook.com/IELTSessentials
We’re here to support you to achieve your goals.