How is the overall band score calculated?
Your overall band score is the average score calculated from the result of all four IELTS test components. In other words, if you:
- add your Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening scores together, then
- divide that number by four, then
- round up to the nearest 0.5 or whole number, you should then have
- your overall band score.
Here’s an example:
- Reading 6.0 + Writing 6.5 + Sistening 6.5 + Listening 6.0 = 25
- Divide 25 by 4 = 6.25
- Round up to the nearest 0.5 or whole number
- Overall band score = 6.5