To redeem this offer:
Add the following product to your cart:
Use code NOV21 at checkout
Terms & Conditions: Voucher code NOV21 is valid until 10 December 2021; This offer is limited to only one voucher code redemption per customer; Voucher code NOV21 is only valid when purchasing one or more of the following IELTS preparation tools: IELTS Speaking Coaching.
IELTS Writing Assist is an official preparation tool from IDP Education for test takers who need to boost their writing by 0.5 – 1 band score.
- Complete practice writing tasks online and receive a personalised feedback report from an IELTS Coach with detailed feedback on your task response, coherence and cohesion, lexical resource, grammar and accuracy.
- Receive a detailed action plan with suggestions and resources to improve your written English, including your task response, coherence and cohesion, lexical resource, grammar and accuracy, use of articles, subject-verb agreement, verb tenses, singular and plural nouns and general English advice.
- Available for IELTS Academic or General Training.
- 1. Register for IELTS Writing Assist
Register for IELTS Writing Assist Academic or General Training and log onto the IELTS Writing Assist Online portal.
- 2. Complete both Writing tasks
Complete both tasks online in a quiet place just as you would in an IELTS test, without using a dictionary and sticking to a 1-hour time limit.
- In the IELTS Academic Writing Task 1, you will be asked to describe some visual information (graph/table/chart/diagram) in your own words. In Task 2, you will respond to a point of view or argument or problem.
- In the IELTS General Training Writing Task 1, you will be asked to respond to a situation, for example, by writing a letter requesting information or explaining a situation. In Task 2, you will be asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem.
Just like in the real test, you’ll have the opportunity to plan your task response:
Once you’ve completed your essay plan, you’ll write your response to Task 1 and Task 2. There is an automatic word count to help guide you, just like in the computer-delivered IELTS test.
- 3. Submit your completed Writing tasks
Once you have completed and submitted both Tasks, an IELTS Coach will review your responses. You’ll receive your personalised feedback and action plan to improve your written English. You’ll be prompted to log back in the IELTS Writing Assist portal to download your feedback
- 4. Receive your personalised feedback and action plan from an IELTS Coach
Receive a detailed, personalised report on your writing skills indicating your strengths and weaknesses and strategies for improvement via an action plan.
“The Writing Assist that you offered was very helpful for me to seek minor errors that had detract the logic of my essays. I purchased additional pack of Writing Assist and practised writing. Now I got closer to my study goal.”
Eugene (completed IELTS Writing Assist in New Zealand)
- What is the cost for IELTS Writing Assist?
The cost of IELTS Writing Assist is AUD $35.00 (including GST) which must be paid at the time of registration.
- How do I pay for IELTS Writing Assist?
Payment is through Paypal, allowing you to make credit card payment with Visa or Mastercard, or payment via the payment methods you have established in your own Paypal account
- How many tasks will I receive?
You will receive a practice example of Task 1 and Task 2 of the IELTS Academic or General Training test.
In the IELTS Academic Writing Task 1, you will be asked to describe some visual information (graph/table/chart/diagram) in your own words. In Task 2, you will respond to a point of view or argument or problem.
In the IELTS General Training Writing Task 1, you will be asked to respond to a situation, for example, by writing a letter requesting information or explaining a situation. In Task 2, you will be asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem.
You will receive instructions about how many words to write and how to complete the tasks.
- Who will assess my Writing Assist tasks?
Our IELTS experts are all fully trained and experienced teachers who have an extensive understanding of the IELTS test.
- How long will it take for me to receive my personalised report on my performance?
Upon receiving your tasks, we will email you your personalised report within 2-5 days.
- Can I do it more than once?
Yes, you can. You will find multiple tasks available in the drop down box while purchasing at https://ielts.com.au/study-for-ielts/writing/
- Can I apply for a refund?
We’re confident that Writing Assist will be everything you hope it to be, but if you are unsatisfied with the service, let us know in writing by emailing email@example.com within 30 days of registering. We’ll be happy to speak with you to hear your thoughts and will issue a refund to you if that is the remedy you are hoping for.
- How many days do I have to submit my tasks once I have registered?
You will have 30 days to complete and submit your tasks following registration.
- What is the difference between the IELTS Writing Assist tasks and the IELTS writing test?
The Writing Assist tasks have been created by our IELTS expert and are very similar to real IELTS tasks. The topics and level of difficulty are just like what you will find in an actual IELTS writing test.
Need to book a real IELTS test? Find a test centre here.
- What happens if I submit my tasks after the 30 day validity period?
The IELTS Writing Assist tasks are valid for 30 days after your registration. If you return your completed task after this 30 day period, they may be returned to you without being marked, so make sure you get your response back to us within 30 days! We’ll send you a reminder email from time to time to encourage you to meet the deadline.
- Can I get a band score awarded for my Writing Assist tasks?
IELTS guidelines forbid us awarding IELTS scores to IELTS Writing Assist participants. We will, however, point out where your strengths and weaknesses lie in terms of the public version of the official IELTS Assessment Criteria. Your coach will refer to these in the feedback you receive after your interview. IELTS Assist and the IELTS test is a measure of language proficiency on the day of your response. Individual test results may vary based on the individual’s performance on the day of the test.
If you were looking at getting a band score on a practice test you can have a look at IELTS Progress Check.
IELTS Progress Check is a computer-based practice test. You will be able to sit all four components of the test at home in your own time. Once submitted your results will be marked by one of our IELTS markers and then provided to you with personalised feedback as well as a band score, that will be made available to you after 5 days. Please do keep in mind this is not the same as sitting the test on the day.
If you are interested in this product, please access IELTS Progress Check.